SCSI drive designation

David Hacker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jul 12 20:57:01 2004

If itis a scsi drive it will be /dev/sd??.  It will be /dev/sda? if it=20=

is the first drive on the scsi chain as far as I remember.  The number=20=

at the end will be the actual partiton number on the drive.  There will=20=

be 2-5 partitions for apple drivers.  Then there will be the mac OS 9=20
partition.  Then will be the YDL root partion and maybe the YDL swap=20
partition.  So it could be /dev/sda5 if that is where the linux install=20=

went.
You can get macpdisk here,=20
http://cantaforda.com/cfcl/eryk/linux/pdisk/dist/ .  It should let you=20=

see which partition has the YDL install.  It will show up as=20
apple_unix_server.
David C. Hacker, DVM