Wallstreet Wireless

Longman, Bill yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jul 14 14:51:00 2004

I have found that I've needed to play with the bit size. I've seen very
persnickety behaviour about what keys will be accepted and what the =
format
is on the iwconfig line. Forty bit keys seem to always work. I've never
gotten 128 bit keys to work. That's just one person's experience, =
however.

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com]On Behalf =
Of
David Hacker
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 3:52 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: Re: Wallstreet Wireless

You should be able to look in /var/log/messages to see what output the
command is giving.=20

David C. Hacker, DVM=20
On Jul 13, 2004, at 6:36 PM, Brian Whitesides wrote:=20

I set the key as 128bit on the router logging into it on my desktop PC, =
then copied the key first using iwconfig eth1 essid netname key
whateverthekeywas.  This didn=92t work so I put the key into my
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 and that failed to work =
either,
and I made sure the key was copied properly.   Any idea what else this =
could
be?  Is there a better way of watching what =93ifup eth1=94 is doing to =
get a
closer analysis of the problem or do I just have to blindly try it each
time?=20