Problem booting on MAC G5

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 15 06:51:00 2004

Shaul,

Setting up a G5 at work awhile back I ran into the same problems.  It
turned out to be a resolution problem with the installer I normally
use a 1600x1200 85hz resolution.  I *never* got this resolution to
work for the installer.  So try setting your resolution to 800x600 in
OSX, then try booting from the CD again.  If this doesn't work, try
booting to OpenFirmware and type 'reset-nvram', then 'reset-all', and
boot again from the installer cd.  I have the minor annoyance right
now of resetting the OSX resolution everytime I switch back and forth
from OSX to YDL.  Once I'm in YDL, I can start X and have it pop up
the 1600x1200 resolution that I prefer.

Hope this helps....

Here is a link to preliminary support for G5's:
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/y-hpc.shtml with
kernels, modules

> Hi,
>
> In the past I have downloaded YDL 3.0.1.
> I burned the ISO images on Windows machine and also done it on the
G5