YDL 4.0

Henry A. Leinhos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jul 15 13:54:01 2004

Don't worry, I'm still following this thread ;) .  I am getting a
G4/466(digital audio) to replace my rev1 B&W G3/300 (which I most
probably will relegate to a dedicated server).  I've been incrementally
upgrading my YDL3.0 install on the B+W (via freshrpms+GARNOME) in order
to use the 2.4 and 2.6 Gnome desktops.  The idea of installing YDL3.x on
this new machine, then going through the upgrade process is certainly
not appealing, and I greatly appreciated TSS's recent news post
regarding the progress on YDL4.  It at least allows me to make an
"informed" decision

Because I'm looking to use this new (old) machine as a general home
machine (gnucash, home server, video transcoder/editor/server, home
office, etc.), I'd like to keep the thing more up to date with bug fixes
and feature enhancements (compare GIMP 1.x with 2.x, not to mention the
2.6 kernel improvements).  If YDL4 is anywhere close to Fedora 2, I'd be
happy.  I suppose I'll wait for TSS to polish YDL before release.

Henry