YDL 4.0

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jul 13 15:46:01 2004

This is a really good point or series of points.  In working within the
Linux environment one does collect a series of skills on keeping the
version of the Linux one is using going on the particular machine or
network one uses or has built.  In many ways, whatever one has modified
or done to get these machines to work to one's own purpose -- already
constitutes a unique environment that may not be in existence elsewhere.

Therefore why move on to the "next" thing if what is current works fine
as it is.  Of course, one has to counter one's own twisted "inner
programming" as regards to "keeping up with the Joneses", but in this
case the Joneses are not engaged in your particular project; so why does
what they do matter?  Perhaps it doesn't and one should stay put with
YDL 3.0 or less.  Remember to also counter that other twisted "inner
programming" known as "the grass is greener elsewhere" algorythm.

I hope Mr. Leinhos hasn't totally lost this thread by now.  Mr. Hacker's
views should be considered before making a decision.