"Sync out of range" lack screen

Zinneken yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 16 11:33:10 2004

I'd like to test YDL 301 on an old machine I have. For some reason I
get a screen with "sync out of range" when the machine is booted in
YDL 301.

Umax C600
ATI Mach 64 (ATI XClaim 3D plus)
Monitors :: Samtron 95P plus & Philips 150S

machine installs YDL fine with either monitor with the card
installed, but does not want to install with a VGA adaptor on the
motherboard video port, so I'm forced to use the ATI card. When YDL
is installed the ATI card is automatically selected and the screens
::
- The Samtron is automatically selected
- The Philips is not automatically selected

machine boots up YDL fine with either monitor until some point of
login (I think just before the login screen is supposed to appear).
Then:
- The Samtron reports "Sync out of range" on a black screen
- The Philips shows really weird lines and gives a very high sound
pitch

What can I do? Has anyone else experienced this?