Console size

B M yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 16 11:19:02 2004

While my Lombard boots it spits out
>Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 128x48

How do I disable or change that?  80x25 is better for me.
I've chased this for a while now, but the combination of ppc, framebuffer
and my ignorance of how the whole thing works has me baffled.
My best (blindfolded wildly flailing around with hope in my eyes) guess to
date was adding append="video=aty:800x600" to a yaboot.conf entry,
but it didn't seem to do anything. :-(

Note X is fine, it's the console I want to change.

Brian

MSN Premium with Virus Guard and Firewall* from McAfeeŽ Security : 2 months
FREE*