Giving up Windows?

Steven Didier yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 17 15:11:00 2004

On 4/21/04 7:43 PM, "EwaldGroup.com Staff - Michael Ewald"
<michael.ewald@ewaldgroup.com> wrote:

> OS X works with windows. Should be able to take files back and forth without
> problems. Don't know about OS X / YDL, and Virtual PC all on the same box.
> Hard Drive space might be a problem.
>
> I would say go for it.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Michael Ewald
>
>> From: "William Herold" <willigula@hotmail.com>
>> Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:56:48 -0700
>> To: <yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
>> Subject: Giving up Windows?
>>
>> I'm an old Microsoft developer (yes, I even worked for Bill many years back)
>> but I'm considering ditching my Windows laptop for a PowerBook with a dual
>> boot OSX / Linux configuration. I'm a bit nervous - has anyone else on this
>> list made that switch? Is there anything you miss? My work machine will still
>> be a Windows box & I'd like to be able to take some work home. Does anyone
>> here use Virtual PC in addition to Yellow Dog? The idea of three OS's on one
>> box makes my head spin...

Back in April Mr. Ewald asked if there was anyone using VPC in addition to
YDL and OSX. I do although I moved VPC to my external FW due to space
limitations. I intend to upgrade my hd later this summer to the 80g drive
and solve my space problems.
Three OS's with YD you have to reboot unless you are also running MOL--I
haven't been able to get it up and running yet--while with VPC you can keep
it booted up and switch apps from the dock if you choose. I only us it for
mapping software and Cornell U's ornithology software.

It is late put hope it helps!

Steve