Can't print to local printer epson stylus photo 750

Charles Trois yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 23 05:34:00 2004

le 11/06/04 20:01, yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com =E0
yellowdog-newbie-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com a =E9crit=A0:
=20
> Message: 1
> Subject: Can't print to local printer epson stylus photo 750
> From: Jim Byrne <james.byrne2@ntlworld.com>
> To: yellowdog-newbie@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
> Date: 11 Jun 2004 18:34:31 +0100
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I've recently installed YLD on my Powerbook G3 (Lombard), but I am
> unable to get the printing to work.
>=20
> Everythign seems to work ok - I press print, the dialog box appears to
> indicate success, but the printer remains silent. I have a Epson Stylus
> Photo 750 connected via USB.
>=20
> The driver appears to be installed ok - according to the printer manager
> - it shows 'Epson Stylus Photo 750, Foomatic +gimp=3Dprint'.
>=20
> If I test the printer - it indicates that all went well - but still
> nothing actually being printed out.The printer is totally silent - not
> even a sound to indicate that there is a connectin between computer and
> printer.
>=20
> I can still print ok when I switch back to OS 9.2.
>=20
> How do I go about investigating this problem?
=20
Hello Jim,=20

I just found your message among behindhand e-mail.

That question has been asked many times, but there are few satisfactory
answers.

A most helpful one has been given by Geoffrey Mendelson (copy below). It
lists ALL the steps necessary to put the Epson machine in order, and I can
guarantee that it works. I believe that the most important step is number 3=
.
Also pay special attention to foomatic-rip and foomatic-gswrapper. I seem t=
remember that they should both be linked to /usr/bin (see
www.linuxprinting.org for details).

Good luck.

Charles
=20