problems with pbbuttonsd

Laurent Papier yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Jul 24 02:58:01 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:29:46 +0200
"R. Hirschfeld" <ray@unipay.nl> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to get pbbuttonsd to put a Wallstreet Powerbook
> to sleep?  I have it set to start up at boot time and the brightness
> and volume controls work fine (if I run gtkpbbuttons I get popup
> windows showing them in action), but if I press the power button then
> the first time after rebooting I get a gtkpbbuttons window that says
> "Warning - the computer will sleep now" but the computer does not go
> to sleep, and subsequent presses of the button do not even produce
> this warning, even if pbbuttonsd is restarted.  This behavior is
> independent of whether pbbuttonsd is configured to replace pmud and
> whether pmud is also running.  With pmud running "snooze" does put the
> computer to sleep, but I can't seem to get pbbuttonsd to do it.

Hi,
I have an iBook2 and for me pbbuttonsd works fine. My iBook goes into
sleep when I press the power button. I do not use pmud.
Do you use the latest pbbuttonsd version ? You can download binary RPM at
http://www.itux.net/rpm/pbbuttons.html.

If you want I can send you my pbbuttonsd config file.

Laurent
--
They told me I needed WIN95 or better ... so I chose GNU/Linux!