Article on how to run your own yum repository

sloopy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 23 09:34:01 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 09:42, Clinton MacDonald wrote:
> Friends:
>
> We all know that "yum" stands for "Yellow Dog Updater, Modified," and
> that we use it all the time in Yellow Dog Linux. Well, the Red hat folks
> are seeing that yum has advantages over their own Red Hat Package
> Management system, and have been moving Fedora over to yum. This can
> only be good for us, since the Red Hat community will now be
> contributing code and -- more importantly -- documentation to the yum
> project.

just as a note, yum doesnt replace rpm it is a front end for it... if
you dont have rpm installed yum wont work...

and yes this is very good news... not only will yum get additional
support but yellowdog will get additional publicity...

sloopy.