Article on how to run your own yum repository

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Jul 23 07:45:03 2004

Friends:

We all know that "yum" stands for "Yellow Dog Updater, Modified," and
that we use it all the time in Yellow Dog Linux. Well, the Red hat folks
are seeing that yum has advantages over their own Red Hat Package
Management system, and have been moving Fedora over to yum. This can
only be good for us, since the Red Hat community will now be
contributing code and -- more importantly -- documentation to the yum
project.

Here's an article from Linux.com that describes "How To Run Your Own yum
Repository":

<http://www.linux.com/article.pl?sid=04/07/22/1718242>

I have also put a link to this article on the YDL FAQ site:

<http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Updating+YDL/yum>

Best wishes,
Clint
("Yummy, yummy, yummy, I've got Love in my Tummy")

Note: the Yellow Dog Newbie mailing list is not currently being archived
(we don't know why). Therefore, for significant questions whose answers
might help other Yellow Dog Linux users, we recommend you sign up for
the Yellow Dog General list: