20040118 ISOs

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 19:44:26 +0000

Does anyone know where I can get the yellowdog-3.0.1-sirius-20040118-install?.iso 's ?  I see from this site

http://malmostoso.altervista.org/ibook/english/

that it has an updated framebuffer driver that allows the ATI9200 in my new iBook to function.  The ftp site that this site lists is no longer active and edonkey has not been able to find the files on the network to download from there.  Also noted in this lists archives

http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-June/014023.html

that someone else asked this same question, but the answer was a link to the 20031118 ISO's, which are not what he or I are looking for.

Apart from this, is there another way to get X working on a Radeon 9200 iBook?  I'm guessing that a new kernel will solve this, but find no updated kernels from 3.0.1 and other, vanilla new kernels (from ppckernel.org) boot with "no init found" (which was originally from not having ext3 support compiled into the kernel, quickly remedied, but same problem persists).