miboot on a 6400

sadfsdf yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:01:58 -0500

I am trying to get miboot working on my performa 6400. I've got it to
the point where the system recognizes that it can boot of of my miboot
partition. But, when the system boots, I get two tux's on the same
screen; one in the middle of the screen thats just a normal tux, and one
in the top left that from what I can see is a Tux with a red line though
it. I have also found two conflicting guides to using miboot, the first
one was more recently posted on this mailing list,
http://www.tanneryd.com/twiki/bin/view/Techstuff/YDLOnPowerCurveInstall
the second one is from a while back and is more understandable so I have
been using it,
http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2003-April/006938.html

My directory tree for the miboot partition is like this
|-- System Folder (note: Mac OS has blessed the folder)
|   |-- Finder
|   |-- System
|   |-- boot.conf
|-- Linux Kernels
|   |-- vmlinux-2.4.22-2f
|   |-- vmlinux-2.24.22-2fBOOT
|-- ramdisk.image.gz
|-- boot.conf

My boot.conf is thus:

init-message = "\n Welcome to YDL!\Press <TAB> for boot options.\n\n"
timeout = 50

default = bootYDL

image = vmlinux-2.4.22-2f
label = bootYDL
root = /dev/hda6
append = "video=valkyriefb3:vmode:14,cmode:8"

image = vmlinux-2.4.22-2fBOOT
label = install_YDL
initrd = ramdisk.image.gz
initrd-size=16384
root = /dev/ram0
append = "video=valkyriefb3:vmode:14,cmode:8 text"

Does anybody have an idea whats wrong?