Is Linux Unix??

Clinton MacDonald yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 2 07:19:01 2004

Mr. Janssens:

Geert Janssens wrote:
> On the risk of being accused of nitpicking, free software (this means
> software released under the GPL) is not the same as freeware.
> [...more interesting discussion of "free" software omitted...]

Thank you for the informative discussion of the different meanings of
"free" software. I am reminded of a quote from Janet McKnight:

"People generally seem to want software to be free as in speech and/or
free as in beer. Unfortunately rather too much of it is free as in jazz."

Have a good day!

Best wishes,
Clint