Kernel question

yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 10 11:34:01 2004

       Jason, are you using yaboot, and if so, did you update /etc/yaboot.conf?  You need to add a stanza there for the new kernel; basically identical to the old one, except for the kernel version change, and you'll need to change the name so it defaults to the proper kernel.

      (I had the same problem - but I'm on a G3 Pismo and a G3 tower, both New World macs, so I'm using yaboot.  I have a vague memory of there being some boot differences between old and new world macs... but I can't remember what they are.  BootX, maybe?)

thx
       anthony