kernel config

Chairman Steven Didier yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Jun 10 11:41:00 2004

Dr. Haker

I am having the same problems trying to install the new hsfusb modem
driver, the installer tells me there are kernel headers that I need and
modules that have not been compiled.

Until I can figure out why I can't get to the configure menu for the
kernel I seem to be caught in a loop! BTW I had also just done a fresh
install of Yellow Dog so I am not updated on anything!

I might have to buy  an external modem, I was connecting through my old
pc but the motherboard expired a few days ago ;(
and I'm using my Tibook completely, which begs the question will I be
able to use a usb modem? Or will a usb to serial adapter work with say
a Sound Blaster modem?

Thanks for the help!
Steve