Installing YDL 3.0 on a Mac G3

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 14 22:04:00 2004

You DON'T have an old-world Mac. You can boot from a CD. You don't need
to have a Mac OS installed. Maybe, since you were up to 10.2.8, you had
a patch to your ROM, that is causing some funky things, but I don't
think that's the problem.

You said that you formatted it. What exactly do you mean? If YDL is to
be your only machine, what you should have started with is completely
unallocated disk, with no OS anywhere and no formatting. If you
formatted the disk, in preparation for installing any OS, formatted as
hds, hds+, or even Linux, that may be the source of your problem,
nowhere to put YDL. If you have Mac OS CDs (OS 8.5, 9, 10), I think
you'll need to erase the disk and leave it blank - unformatted and try
again to load YDL.

Worked fine for my G3 350, 512mb machine. I know it's working, I'm
writing this e-mail on it.

Olaf