How Much HD Space for Linux?

Ed Sutherland yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 15 09:46:01 2004

Not being the patient sort,  I wiped and reinstalled -- this time with
just the base system, KDE and Gnome. Just checked and only 23% of the 6
gigs is used. I plan to limit my 'experimenting', plus find a util that
I can stick in cron to whittle down the ever-growing log files.

I used to be hesitant to wipe and reinstall (I like the sound of that
phrase). The process used to take an entire day to get a working system
back up. Now, after learning what to expect and thinking (a little)
ahead, I've reduced the time to a couple hours. For instance, I started
the reinstall at 9:30am and am writing this email at 11:40am.

Ed