How Much HD Space for Linux?

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 15 11:17:01 2004

Confession time:

I do the wipe and reinstall quite frequently - about every 6 months or
so. I start thinking "I should have made that backup partition for that
drive 30 gigs not 25" so spend a day rearranging everything. Nasty
habit, but it does force me to make sure everything is 100% backed up.
If you're not adverse to the wipe and replace method, a big space saver
would be pick a DTE and not install both. I have a 6 GB HDD on my PC and
only installed GNOME (KDE just wigs me out for some reason and konqueror
crashes way too much).

I haven't encountered it yet with either of my linux boxes, but I've
seen on both Mac OS and Winders that overall performance really starts
to suffer when the disks get about 2/3 to 3/4 full.

OK, done now. Just wanted to let you know that you're not the only one
that likes the sound of "wipe and reinstall" - Is there a 12 step
program for this?

--
     It's what you make it man
     Takes time