Installing YDL 3.0 on a Mac G3

Geert Janssens yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Jun 15 15:01:02 2004

Andrew wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-14 at 20:45, Jason Warm wrote:
>
>>I don't think so, if I remember right you can boot from CD on an old
>>world.  Yeah you can, just tried booting from a 9 CD on my Performa
>>5215.
>>
>>Jason
>

> You are right. MacOS 9 CD will boot on any Mac who can run MacOS9 but as
> far as I know, only new worlds can boot the YellowDog CDs (holding C
> key..)

This is not true. I own an oldworld beige G3, and I can boot YDL just
fine from the install CD.

I believe with quick, it must even be possible to setup an oldworld
machine completely without a mac-os installed. But since I never tried,
I could be confusing something here. I do intend to try one day though...

Cheers,

Geert