More GARNOME stuff

Henry A. Leinhos yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 16 07:09:01 2004

Hi again,

Since no-one replied to my original question regarding building/installing
GNOME 2.6.1 via GARNOME, I'd thought I'd post my progress (or lack thereof)
to date.

It turns out that a bunch of the newer packages require an updated
fontconfig (2.2.x), which is included in the ./bootstrap directory of the
GARNOME 2.6.1 tarball.  Attempting to "make install" fontconfig (2.2.1,
2.2.2, or even 2.2.95) results in fc-cache Segfaulting when it gets to the
/usr/share/fonts/default/ghostscript directory.  Ok, as per some
recomendations, I also rebuild expat from the ./boot directory, which builds
a couple other dependancies.  Retrying fontconfig still results in a
segfault on the ghostscript fonts directory.

My question now:

Has anyone recompiled fontconfig 2.2.x successfully on a YDL 3.0+ box?

Thanks,
Henry