Stuck

Duane Foster yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 16 20:17:01 2004

The Beige G3 needs to use BootX, so a yaboot suggestion is not useful =
here.  What is particularly frustrating is that the installation kernel =
needs no 'module' loading, so you can do the whole installation of YDL =
3.x using SCSI and then you cannot boot the regular kernel.  Maybe =
initrd can be utilized with BootX, but i haven't tried it.  So many =
people advise to get an IDE drive and don't look back, it worked for me. =
 Although I was pulling for Arch to succeed and maybe I could reclaim =
that 9G SCSI drive i'm now ignoring on my Mac.
duane