yum errors

mascarasnake yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 16 22:56:00 2004

Bill Fink wrote:

> Hi Norberto,
>
> It sounds like you got something corrupted in yum.  Try the following:
>
> 	mv /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum.conf-
> 	mv /var/cache/yum /var/cache/yum-
>
> Then uninstall and re-install yum.  You may also need to rebuild the
> RPM database with "rpm --rebuilddb".
>
> 						-Bill

this is kinda what i was saying off list, norberto. kill everything yum
oriented, rm yum itself and reinstall. I'd take it a step further and
delete the cache file entirely as well as the yum.log file. yum will
replace all of that when it's up and running again. The yum.conf I'd
hang on to only for the suppositories you have there.
the rebuilddb is cool to know, Bill, although I pray that I never need it.

--
     It's what you make it man
     Takes time

             -The Minutemen