Very important thing to fix in the new Yellowdog Linux

Sander Nagtegaal yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 28 14:07:00 2004

A lot of users ( including me ) where complaining about the fact that KDE says
that "Device DSP can't be found ( don't know exactly what it say anymore )".
Users will have no sound the first time they log in. They need to relogin and
then the message will be gone and the sound will be working.
Now the fix is very simple and will make alot of users happy.

//Andrews text
Simply edit </etc/rc.d/rc.local> and
put 'modprobe dmasound_pmac' at the bottom. Save changes and exit.
Voila!

(Note this is fix is from Andrew and not my own but I just wanted your
attention)

I think you should really do this little fix since it's been there from
atleast YDL 2.3 ( the first one I used ) and I found it really annoying back
them and have spend some time with it.

I sincerely hope you read this solution,

Sander Nagtegaal