USB hard drive and CD-RW

Jason Warm yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 28 14:11:01 2004

Yes, YDL is recognizing the USB.  I can attach devices and they do show up
in kinfocenter.  Even my digital cam which is not yet supported shows up
as an unknown device.  The drive just does not show up at all.  Yes I have
tried doing a fresh boot with the drive on and attached.  After MANY hours
of googling I came across a post from Australia that seems to be talking
about my HD enclosure and states some USB 2.0 cards do not recognize it.
At this point I am inclined to agree with it.  So now my next big project
will be to try and get YDL running on a Performa 5215 I have at home so I
can set that up as a file server.  I don't feel like sinking any cash into
a 60 Gb 2.5" drive.

Thanks for your help,
Jason

<quote who="David Hacker">