E-mail client

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Jun 28 17:49:00 2004

Thanks for the explanation; you gave me enough to check the features on
the version I do have Ximian Evolution is included in YDL 3.0 and most
likely will continue to be included in YDL 4.  Anyway to your question.

First establish accounts for whoever will use Evolution; you can have
more than one email account (ximian sorts this all out better than many
commercial products I've used).  Once an account (a user name) has been
established the Evolution Account Editor appears with all sorts of tabs.

For this discussion we are interested in the tab called "Sending Mail".
The Server type in Ximian Evolution 1.2.2 is: Sendmail or SMTP.
In the Server Configuration Box select Server Requires Authentication
Then a new formerly greyed out boxed area becomes newly available; it is
called Authentication.  Within Authentication there exists a pop up
panel which shows options starting with PLAIN; select that pop up and at
the last listing of that panel you will find: POP before SMTP
then fill out the user name the server requires.  Also if you didn't
know what the server required you could ask Ximian to figure that out
for you as well, right next to the pop up just described is Check for
supported types!

So yes, Ximian supports POP before SMTP!

Be well....

Ximian Evolution