Canonscan LIDE30 scanner

Zugwrack yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 30 05:52:01 2004

Hi everyone. I have double checked sane-find-scanner and cross
referenced the vendor/product ids to the sane website. It states that
this scanner and drivers are complete. Checked in KDE control panel
under the hardware option...I see canoscan reported along with my
keyboard and usb mouse. I have checked the plustek.conf and makde sure
that the entries are:

[usb]  0x04A9  0x220E
device /dev/usbscanner0   (which is what my investigation has shown)

I have tried using the default scan icon in KDE, as well as scanimage
from the command line. I get a dialog about x-sane click ok and it
states that it could not find a sane scanner...I am stumped as to why
this is.

I am starting to suspect it has to do with x-sane and not the sane
backend driver...any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a workstation install(plus some I selected).

The second problem I have is that even though I added the "macosx"
during install to the yaboot config...it only lists options to  boot
linux, or cdrom.

can someone post the correct entry for yaboot.conf(I did it just want
to make sure I didn't mess up the syntax) to boot macosx? /dev/hda5 is
the partition that OS X is on.

Do I need to run ybin -v?  If so should I be in any specific hard
drive location?

Thanks,

Zugwrack