Canonscan LIDE30 scanner

Thierry de Coulon yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Jun 30 11:56:01 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 07:49, Zugwrack wrote:

> I have tried using the default scan icon in KDE, as well as scanimage
> from the command line. I get a dialog about x-sane click ok and it
> states that it could not find a sane scanner...I am stumped as to why
> this is.

Simple: YDL does NOT support the LiDE 20/30 scanners. This is a YDL problem
(probablysome old elements in the SANE & Co group). I've got a LiDE 20. It
works with MacOS X (on my PowerBook), it works with my Thinkpad (running
Mepis Linux), it runs on my main system (PC running Mepis and SuSE), but it
does not run on YellowDog 3.01 - Maybe YDL 4 fixes this.

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein