Off-Topic: OOo 1.1.1 for Mac OS X

Kevin.Hendricks yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 1 12:35:02 2004

Hi,

> So, when do we get 1.1.1 for Mac OS X?  We're dying out here, man.  :-)

OOo 1.1.1 release candidate for x86 Linux has been built and if
there are no show-stoppers it will become OOo 1.1.1.

Shortly after that I will make builds available for PPC Linux and
for MacOSX Panther (Jaguar users will have to make their own build or
find someone to build it for them).

Right now the MacOSX OOo 1.1.1 for X11  should build out of the
box on Panther using Apple's X11.

The bad news is that Java support still is an issue for MacOSX, and
there will only be the standard Unix installer (same as used by PPC
Linux)
and not some special installer just for MacOSX users
(as was used for OOo 1.0.3 gold master.for MacOSX).

So hopefully, if you can live with those shortcomings, it should come
soon.

Kevin