yellowdog-general digest, Vol 1 #1331 - 12 msgs

R. Hirschfeld yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 2 06:26:01 2004

> From: Stefan Bruda <bruda@cs.ubishops.ca>
> Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:27:22 -0500

> Newer pbbuttonsd (don't know when it all started actually) can act as
> a pmud replacement altogether.  The /etc/pbbuttonsd.conf option is
> `replace_pmud' and should be set to `yes' in order for pbbuttonsd to
> take over the whole power management stuff.

I tried setting this option and restarting pbbuttonsd, but when I type
"snooze" I get "connect: Connection refused".  Do I need to do
anything more to get pbbuttonsd to take over this pmud functionality?

> I don't know, but the following works well (and should work in any
> GUI/application configuration): select the text in the terminal,
> switch to Mozilla, point to the URL field, and do a middle click.

Any hints for how to accomplish this with a single-button ADB mouse?
In LinuxPPC option-click (instead of middle click) did it but this
doesn't work in YDL, at least not in the default setup.  Is there some
xmodmap and/or syctl magic needed?  I'd really like to get this
working again, especially since the keyboard- and menu-based copy and
paste is inconsistent and doesn't work with all apps.

Ray