XFce

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 2 16:11:01 2004

OK, it compiled and installed without a problem. It looks really good.

It's not as quick as Blackbox, but it looks much nicer with it's
anti-aliased fonts and such. Starts much faster than KDE and Gnome,
uses GTK+ so it looks very Gnomish and the apps I tend to use work a
treat.

I really like the default window manager. I haven't checked to see what
it is yet, but it has a couple of configuration options that are
missing from Metacity, the Gnome default. Rubber-banding on window
resizing and moving for example, really good on a slow box. Must try
the window manager with Gnome.

Haven't seen Fluxbox in action yet.