XFce

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 2 17:25:02 2004

I'm a huge fan of fluxbox.  If you have access to a high speed
connection download phlak at phlak.org. Unfortunately, it'll only
work on a PC.  You can make a PC bootable CD and use fluxbox to get
used to it, w/ installing it.  The default is Xfce, which you already
enjoy.

--- Greg Hamilton <gregh@object-craft.com.au> wrote:
> OK, it compiled and installed without a problem. It looks really
> good.
>
> It's not as quick as Blackbox, but it looks much nicer with it's
> anti-aliased fonts and such. Starts much faster than KDE and Gnome,
>
> uses GTK+ so it looks very Gnomish and the apps I tend to use work
> treat.
>
> I really like the default window manager. I haven't checked to see
> what
> it is yet, but it has a couple of configuration options that are
> missing from Metacity, the Gnome default. Rubber-banding on window
> resizing and moving for example, really good on a slow box. Must
> try
> the window manager with Gnome.
>
> Haven't seen Fluxbox in action yet.
>

> On 02/03/2004, at 11:18 PM, Phil Darling wrote:
>
> > I haven't run XFce on YDL, but I have run it on my gentoo ppc
> box.
> > It's lightweight and very nice indeed.  Another nice alternative
> > blackbox is fluxbox, which is what I currently run...
> >
> > Phil
> >

> > On Mar 1, 2004, at 9:04 PM,
> > yellowdog-general-request@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:
> >
> >> Re: XFce

> > HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>
> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

=====
--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar