Linux Email Client that works with "Exchange Mail"

Norberto Quintanar yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 3 10:23:07 2004

Mike, yeah, I found both Ximian and Insight, and I don't mind paying
for it, BUT according to the supported list for Ximian:
http://support.ximian.com/cgi-bin/ximian.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=391

YDL is not supported.

It's specifically for x86 architecture.  Insight will work, but the
exchange server must run their server patch for the insight client to
be able to see it.  Our IT won't do it.  Damn virus writers!  Our
mail server got hit hard by Bagle, Nachi and My DOOM.F so the
response by the IT guys was to migrate to Echange server 2002 and not
allow Pop3 and Imap.  Now, if I want to check my work email I need to
do it with web access. You guessed it, I need Internet explorer.  I
don't like using M$ at home.  I don't have anything against them, I
just prefer not opening up my network to the problems M$ brings to
the table.

I found a couple of links online to people who have tried to write
email clients for exchange mail servers.  But reverse engineering the
code is kinda hard.  Oh well....

Norberto