gaim 0.75

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 5 03:35:01 2004

Olaf Olson wrote :

> Before I asked the question that was foremost in my mind, "How do I use
> the link to install GAIM 0.75," I decided to check out the link
> http://ayo.freshrpms.net.
>
> That link is timing out, without connecting. I connected to
> freshrpms.net, but clicking the YellowDog link results in no connection.
> I'm guessing it's only a temporary thing and it will eventually be up
> again. Will there be enough instructions there that a newbie can figure
> out what to do, or will I be contacting you again for more advice?

Well, the timeout isn't normal indeed. It's working for me right now, and I
didn't have anyone else report any problems...

Anyway, once you know there are mirrors, you can try them instead :
http://ayo.us.freshrpms.net/
http://ayo.ie.freshrpms.net/
http://ayo.us5.freshrpms.net/
http://ayo.pt.freshrpms.net/
http://ayo.si.freshrpms.net/
(They're listed on their main page. I think the last 3 don't carry the main
YDL files, though, only Fedora Core and eventually some of Red Hat Linux)

As for updating, here are two quick ways :

rpm -Uvh http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/yellowdog/3.0/yum/yum-2.0.5-1.yd.fr.noarch.rpm
yum install gaim

-- or --

rpm -Uvh http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/yellowdog/3.0/gaim/gaim-0.75-2.fr.ppc.rpm

Where you can s/ftp.freshrpms.net/ftp.us.freshrpms.net/ if you get the
same timeout problem.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.3-1.116
Load : 0.54 1.44 1.58