Where to get software for YDL?

Stefan Bruda yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 6 17:20:02 2004

At 00:27 -0500 on 2004-3-5 Alvaro Chavarria wrote:

 > Do any of you guys know of a website where I can download software for
 > Linux PPC? I always try going to the developer pages but the only Linux
 > versions they have are for x86.
 >
 > So, what do you guys usually do? Where do you get your freeware?

I usually compile from sources, but this is not quite the most popular
approach.  A good RPM repository for YDL is http://freshrpms.com,
though sooner or later you will face the need to install something
that does not exist as Linux PPC incarnation but as sources.

On Linux PPC compiling from sources is often the only way to get the
latest and greatest.  YDL is rather behind the times, and in general
x86 RPMs appear much faster than their PPC counterparts.

Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as
it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.