Where to get software for YDL?

Matthias Saou yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 8 04:38:01 2004

Stefan Bruda wrote :

>  > So, what do you guys usually do? Where do you get your freeware?

Hmm, don't confuse "freeware" and "free software" ;-)

That would be http://freshrpms.net/ instead.

> On Linux PPC compiling from sources is often the only way to get the
> latest and greatest.  YDL is rather behind the times, and in general
> x86 RPMs appear much faster than their PPC counterparts.

If any of the freshrpms.net packages are available for x86 and not yet
available or updated for ppc, just ping me and it can get fixed quite
fast.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.3-1.116
Load : 1.38 1.05 1.18