Troubles updating

Beartooth yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 6 19:53:01 2004

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 12:16:23 -0600, Ben Ricker wrote:

> That is a common problem with a busy site (ydl's mirror in particular).
> Go to a mirror geographically close to you.

OK. The local LUG put me onto

ftp://iddl.vt.edu/pub/yellowdog/updates/yellowdog-3.0/ppc/ at Virginia
Tech, which is here in Blacksburg.

I edited /etc/yum.conf to put that on top of the default address in the
update section. I tried it verbatim; verbatim with http:// in front; and
with http:// in front and ftp://iddl... converted to ftp.iddl....

Every time I closed the file and tried it, I got a "no host" IOError; what
incredible betise am I committing now??

--
Beartooth Implacable <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
gnarled gamma geek w/ FC1, RH9, YDL3, & attitude