Mail server

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat Mar 6 21:55:02 2004

Hey Thoth-sbc,

First) These are all MTA's (Mail transfer agents). You'll only need one
of them. (Take your pick, postfix is by far the easiest to use for most
applications).

Second) Sendmail is the default MTA on Yellow Dog and the default config
they provide will do just about anything you'll require.

Third) To fix your setup, remove all of the ones you don't need (ie the
ones besides the one you chose).

Four) For whichever one you chose, do this:

#] /sbin/service [qmail|postfix|sendmail] restart

If you get the [OK] then you're all set. If you cannot send mail yet,
then the problem may lie elsewhere.

Check the site of each of those MTA's for very good HOWTO's.