So the kicker is....

Ray Auge yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 10 11:47:01 2004

I dare say that we've pushed you further into despair as opposed to
simply cautioning you, all while not wanting to make any blanket
statements.

Well, I'll make one here.

It's pretty safe bet that the average SRPM found on, say, rpmfind.net
will build on ppc, even on YDL. Just consider what the app does when
selecting it.

Then, I dare say that the existing C libs probably already contain
enough good code to satisfy the needs of just about every possible issue
you'd encounter on a ppc, 'cept say decoding a DVD in realtime without
hardware support. It's probably more an issue of having the time and
resources to verify that the code does in fact run on other platforms
that the one used to code it.

What I wanted to demonstrate with my 2 cents (which after further
consideration, was like throwing mud onto Geert Janssens' most eloquent
explanation) was simply to "keep your eyes peeled" for that package you
just build, but, that for some reason does not work as expected.

Sorry for causing trouble, I'll shut up now. ;)

Ray Auge <rayauge@doublebite.com> :)

"Anything is more stable than Windows.  Even a relationship based purely
on sex." - Pamela Auge