CUPS Authentication

Ben Ricker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed Mar 10 15:22:01 2004

You have warring Allows. Allow from All also Allows from 127.0.0.1.

Would you want to get rid of the "Allow from All". That way, you only
allow to print to that printer from the locahost.

A bigger question is how can a neighbor print to a printer on YOUR local
network?

As far as I know, you cannot allow no password from localhost while
requiring a password for everyone else on teh same printer. Ahow about
setting up another printer that allows from all but requires Basic Auth?

Ben Ricker