PPC or i386 (the hits keep on comin')

Greg Hamilton yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 11 00:13:01 2004

> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 perhaps what we really need is an RDM to go =
with the RPM ....=20
> (RedHat DEPENDANCY
> =A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0 Manager)

RPM already knows about dependancies. Yum knows how to examine the=20
dependancies and grab the required packages. Problem solved. Except, of=20=

course, that this depends on people building and distributing packages=20=

for the latest versions of apps, libraries, etc.

Call me crazy but my guess is that YDL is a slightly smaller operation=20=

than Redhat, maybe not quite so many people working on packaging so=20
they lag a little behind the big x86 distros. Still beats the crap out=20=

of running OSX, it's just a little annoying once in awhile.

Greg=20=