YDL 3.0.1 installation and black screen

Einbert yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 11 17:22:01 2004

--Apple-Mail-1--187697458

Hi,

I try to install YDL 3.0.1 on my bi-500 G4 (ATI Rage Pro 128) with a
17" Apple TFT display (when booting form cd), but I have the following
problem : I want to install in text mode, because I know from past
experience with YDL 3.0, that it does not work on this computer, but
worked in text mode, and when I type at the boot prompt install text
(install-text appears not to work), then I have like a quick white
flash, and then the screen stays desperately black, as if I had try the
graphical installation. What is strange, is that it worked with 3.0,
but no more with 3.0.1 ! Have I missed something ? I have the feeling
that typing install and install text has actually exactly the same
effect : black screen ! I.e install and install text both starts
installation process in graphical mode.
How can I do that it works again with the installation in text mode ?

Thank you

Einbert