dmasound module

George Katele yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 11 22:48:01 2004

On Mar 11, 2004, at 10:03 PM, Kenneth Browne wrote:

> Thomas Carlson wrote:
>> I have been running YDL 3.0 on my Powermac 9500 since last fall but
>> haven't been able to get sound to work.  With  YDL 2.3 the dmasound
>> module seemed to load just fine, but now modprobe dmasound gives me,
>> "Can't locate module dmasound" even though it sits there just as nice
>> as can be:
>> /lib/modules/2.4.20-8e/kernel/drivers/sound/dmasound/dmasound_core.o
>> How can I load  that particular module with out having to recompile
>> the kernel?

I'm a real newbie, so I may be just blowin'  smoke here, but, when I
installed YDL 3.0.1, I got the "no sound, I'll remove the stuff"
message when I booted my 8500. If I rebooted into OS 9, and went to the
sound control panel, and made sure that the output was set to external
(not headphones, not internal), I'd get the sound back.

Try it.

George