dmasound module

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 11 23:27:00 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 11:03:38PM -0500, Kenneth Browne wrote:
> Thomas Carlson wrote:
> >I have been running YDL 3.0 on my Powermac 9500 since last fall but
> >haven't been able to get sound to work.  With  YDL 2.3 the dmasound
> >module seemed to load just fine, but now modprobe dmasound gives me,
> >"Can't locate module dmasound" even though it sits there just as nice as
> >can be:
> >/lib/modules/2.4.20-8e/kernel/drivers/sound/dmasound/dmasound_core.o
> >How can I load  that particular module with out having to recompile the
> >kernel?
>
> If you come up with something post it to the list.

I have "modprobe dmasound_pmac" in /etc/rc.d/rc.local and have sound
with no problems.  The actual command has varied a little over time,
but the dmasound_pmac seems to work with current kernels.  Good luck.

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics & Materials Engineering