dmasound module

LEONIDAS JEGOROVAS yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 12 07:13:01 2004

Hi,
I know I know, what you feeling,oh not again... sorry...

After upgrading to kernel 2.6.1 I realized that sound is gone.
After booting up computer got following sound server warning message:
"Can't set  real time scheduling priority.
You need to run arts wrapper as root or setuid root.
This means that you will likely not be able to produce acceptable sound(i.e.
without clicks or brakes)"

If anyone could help fix that? By the way sounds are not mutted!
My PPC:IMAC/NEW WORLD/  500MHZ; 20GB; 384MB; 24XCDR/W; YDL 3.01; KERNEL
2.6.1;
If it would help I am sending some outputs:
etc/modules.conf :

alias char-major-4 off
alias eth0 sungem
alias sound-slot-0 dmasound_pmac
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null
2>&1 II :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null
2>&1 II :

/sbin/lsmod:

Module            size used by

Sound card info:

Sound Driver  3.8.1a-980706(ALSA emulation code)
Config options:0
Installed drivers:
Type: 10:ALSA emulation
Card config:Dummy 1
Audio devices:
0: Dummy PCM (DUPLEX)
Synth devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG
Midi devices: NOT ENABLED IN CONFIG
Timers:
7:system timer
Mixers:
0: Dummy Mixer

If anybody could  help solve that please not hesitate. Any useful advice
would be appreciated!
It is my second call...
With respect
Leonidas Jegorovas