afpd [17949]: dsi_stream_write: Broken Pipe

Nicholas Kirlew yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu Mar 11 23:16:01 2004

------------=_1079072416-30807-129

Hello All,
Please excuse my long disclaimer.
We are a small correspondence high school running
mixed environment desktops Mac 8.6, OS X10.2 & 10.3, Win 98, Win 2000's
(approx 100 units)
Linux file server I386, Linux Mail server I386
and an xserve with Yellowdog 3.0, 2.4.20-10csmp
There has not been a whole lot of science in the building of the above.
We run smb on the YD and netatalk 1.5.5
Nearly lost it with the mac os x machines until we turned off appletalk on
the OS X computers, the problem with mass destruction of data. At this
stage I implimented a stop and start of afp each night after the backup.
Now I am seeing the following error:
afpd [17949]: dsi_stream_write: Broken Pipe
What does this error indicate.
Any tips, links or suggestions gratefully rec.

Nick Kirlew
nkirlew@ntoec.nt.edu.au

NTOEC
Department of Employment, Education and Training
Northern Territory Government of Australia
Phone: +61 (08) 8922 2292 Fax: +61 (08) 8922 2258
www.ntoec.nt.edu.au

The information contained in this message and any attachments may be confidential information and may be subject to legal privilege, public interest or legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this message or any attachments is unauthorised. If you have received this document in error, please advise the sender.
Views expressed herein are the sender's and not those of the Northern Territory Department of Employment Education and Training unless specifically stated.
No representation or warranty is given that attached files are free of viruses or other defects. The recipient assumes all responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files.

------------=_1079072416-30807-129--