dma sound module

Joerg Schloemer yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri Mar 12 03:03:01 2004

Hello,

I didn't have sound either on my Pulsar S900. After searching the
internet for a while, I found a solution that worked for me on:
http://www.miketec.org/ibook/ .
Under /etc/ I created a directory called modultils and then created a
file "sound" with the following:
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 dmasound_pmac
alias char-major-14-3 dmasound_pmac
alias /dev/dsp dmasound_pmac
alias sound-service-0-0 i2c-keywest
alias char-major-14-0 i2c-keywest
alias /dev/mixer i2c-keywest

I changed the file /etc/modules.conf also with the lines above.
After that it was necessary for me to change the privileges for
/dev/mixer and /dev/dsp because there was an error message telling me
that I don't have the privileges to change settings.
Maybe there is a better or easier solution somewhere.

Joerg