CD player (read) question for PB G4 644.

Steve Milov yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Mon Mar 15 12:33:01 2004

Greetings, I'm running YDL3.0 when I instert a CD to
play it will thrash a few times and if something
inside decides to read the CD it will.
Before you ask, whichever CD I insert it may have some
scratches or it may not.  But when I take that same CD
and run it on a win98 or OSX or an x86 Linux machine
for that matter the CD will get read.

This is really an important issue I need to resolve
because the CDROM is a pretty important device on a
laptop. Oddly I was able to install YDL via the CD but
when I put in something else the CD may or may not get
read.

Thanks for the help,
Steve M