Latest Mozilla?

Stephen Harker yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue Mar 16 01:09:01 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 08:54:08PM -0600, peter wrote:
> ok, dumb question. i downloaded one of these builds (1.6, fwiw) and it
> runs when i run ./mozilla from the directory that i untarred. how do i
> "install" this stuff? or should i just alias "mozilla" to the newer
> binary and not worry about it?

That is essentially it.  In my case I just went to /usr/local/bin then
`sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/mozilla-1.6b/mozilla' to create a symbolic
link to the mozilla shell script in the distribution.  After this I
could run mozilla from the command line, for a GUI (fvwm in my case) I
needed to log out and log in again.

--
Stephen Harker                           Stephen.Harker@spme.monash.edu.au
School of Physics & Materials Engineering